The Mountain Wellness Centre in the Horizont Resort hotel is made of cedar wood. Enjoy mental and physical harmony, exceptional wellness care and the power of natural herbs and aroma essences. A relaxation pool with various harmonising lights, water attractions and a pool bar or a whirlpool for 10 people are best for meditating about self-improvement or having a rest. In addition, the wellness centre offers several quality saunas and inhalations: a pool with a pool bar and a whirlpool, saunas – salt, Finnish, steam, infra-red, a relaxation room with a massage bed and a Jacuzzi, a relaxation room with a waterfall, a cooling pool.
DRY SAUNA “NORDIC ROOM”
Treat yourself to a great feeling of relaxation in the sauna, which dates from the rich traditions of the Nordic nations and in which you can spend pleasant moments of relaxation.
In our Finnish sauna you leave all your worries behind, your body regenerates and you can indulge in pleasant moments of relaxation. The temperature depending on the place in the sauna reaches 65-90 °C. It brings the relaxation of muscles of motion apparatus resulting in overall relaxation. The high temperature of the air increases the sweating of the body and enabling the elimination of toxic substances, and strengthens the immune system.
STEAM SAUNA “PINE FOREST”
Steam sauna is a perfect blend of aromatherapy and herbs.
Steam sauna is a perfect blend of aromatherapy and herbs. Inhale the scent of the beneficial pine forest and pamper yourself with sips of steam. Humid air has a beneficial effect on the skin, which strongly increases blood circulation and intensive cleaning. The skin remains velvety soft.
INFRA SAUNA “SUNSHINE”
The invisible infrared rays provide heat that act on the body as the sun’s rays, without harmful UV radiation. Stay in the infra sauna contributes to weight reduction and removal of fat.
A modern form of sauna, during which the whole body is heated by infrared radiation – similar to thermal radiation of the sun. These rays clear skin, remove cellulite, and trigger further recovery processes and relaxation without tanning. Your body will warm in its gentle embrace and release its tension.
SALT SAUNA “THE HIMALAYAN CRYSTAL”
Sauna with a temperature of 45 ° C and a humidity of 100% combines the heat with the action of the salt to the human body.
Salt has a significant beneficial effect on the skin – provides its natural peeling and total blood circulation. Salt steam saunas are especially suitable for allergies, cold and all respiratory diseases, rheumatic difficulties, and the overall detoxification of the body. Salt sauna has air saturated with minerals and beneficial microorganisms. The interior of the sauna is made up of salt crystals and Himalayan salt.
POOL “TATRAS LAGUNA”
Our lagoon pool offers undisturbed rest with lots of wellness attraction.
The water in the pool is a pleasant 33 °C. It offers a full range of water hydro massage attractions such as whirlpools, jet beads, and the bubble jets for perfect blood circulation in the feet as well as a water mushroom, which stimulates acupuncture points throughout the body and thus contributes to the relaxation and regeneration. The magical atmosphere of the whole space completes the special mirror foil above the pool and views of the beautiful Tatra nature through glass facades.
Temperature: 33 ° C
Dimensions: 10 x 11m
REST ROOM WITH WATERFALL
Treat yourself to a well-earned rest after the sauna procedure and relax in the comfortable deck chairs by the falling water of a unique waterfall.
Treat yourself to a well-earned rest after the sauna procedure and relax in the comfortable deck chairs by the falling water of a unique waterfall. You will feel the real power and energy of nature. Treat yourself to a fabulous feeling of happiness and regeneration of your body.
COOLING POOL “MOUNTAIN POND”
Try resilience in a chilly mountain pond from Tatra natural water. The water temperature no more than ten degrees, will after a sauna energise your immune system and increase the production of blood cells.
Find the key to lasting health, beauty and vitality of the body. For centuries it has been known as a substitution effect of heat and cold, when after the enlargement of blood vessels of the skin in the sauna, these vessels respond to cold by withdrawing and subsequent repeated heating, this will trigger an explosion of energy in the cells causing a real rush of happiness.
BUCKET “ICY STORM”
Ice Bucket is the classic method of cooling the body with cold water shock.
A bucket full of ice water is for those who need to relieve the heat after a stay in the sauna. They will feel the power that passes through the body and blood circulation through every part of it. You will experience a real storm in the form of ice-cold refreshment.
Temperature : 9 – 12 °C
JACUZZI “NATURAL SPRING”
Immerse yourself in a hot oasis of peace and take the pleasant water micro massage by countless small bubbles, which releases all the muscles in your body.
Hot water makes your body float and is supplemented by a foot and body massage which helps blood circulation and the body gets into a state of total relaxation.
MASSAGE BED “RABBIT WARREN”
The feeling that you know from your dreams – you do not lie, but you swim.
Literally an uplifting feeling on top of the heated waterbed with sea water, guarantees to make you feel pampered. Your body will within minutes rid itself of tension, followed by release and this is why a water-bed is the ideal relaxation element of our wellness centre.
The alternation of hot and cold water causes the activation of the lymphatic system and the beneficial detoxification of the body and supports immunity.
Showering can be much more than just cleansing the body. An increasingly popular wellness procedure – the experience shower is known as part of the cooling procedure (in the sauna) and the overall cleansing of the body. The experience shower is a treatment with positive effects on the whole body. Wellness experience showers release body tension and refresh the soul.
Responsibility of visitors to the relaxation centre is to act in accordance with instruction of the operator. Consult your doctor if the sauna is suitable for you, with respect to your health. Admission to the saunas is not recommended for: pregnant women, diabetics, patients with heart disease, kidney or thyroid problems, and people with high blood pressure. Entrance into the Wellness Centre is prohibited for children under 12 years of age, persons under the influence of alcohol and drugs. Entrance into to the wellness centre is only allowed in sheets due to hyginic reasons. The pool area can be accessed in a bathing suit.
- Recommended stay in a sauna is 1.5 to 2 hours and no more than 1-2 stays within a week
- It is recommended not to eat a heavy meal or drink alcohol before using the sauna
- Leave your watch, cell phone, jewellery, etc. in the locker room before entering the sauna
- Shower, wash with soap and wipe dry before entering the sauna
- The wellness centre is a mixed type of sauna (men + women). Enter the sauna without a swimsuit and shoes, wrapped in a sheet. Wearing a swimsuit in a sauna is very harmful to the health, not only for you but for others too. Swimsuits are made from 100% synthetic materials and at a temperature of 50 ° C, the compounds are released and are highly carcinogenic, and they get into the body through the respiratory tract or through the skin and this way you harm
yourself and also other people in sauna.
- Due to hygienic reasons spread the sheet under your body including your feet. First sit down on the lowest bench and gradually move to the next level seating to avoid thermal shock.
- While in saunas breathe slowly through your nose, not very deeply. It is recommended to use a variety of scrubs, oils, cosmetics, that we will gladly offer you. If the temperature is unbearable, leave the sauna straight away.
- Behave quietly and culturally, avoid loud conversations, swearing and discussions. Saunas are a place of peace and meditation
- After leaving the sauna cool the body down, either with a cold shower or use a plunge pool with cold water
- When cooling the body start from the feet towards the heart, never pour cold water on a warmed head
- Each sauna cycle is finished after 15-20 min. long rest in the position on your back in the relaxation room with deck chairs. Wrap yourself in the sheet and lie down, close your eyes and relax for several minutes
- Do not eat, do not drink and do not read while in saunas
- Intervals between cycles in saunas try to add fluid, vitamin C, snacks in the form of fruit to replenish missing minerals in the body
- Do not wash body by soap after the last stay in sauna
- Before finishing the whole sauna procedure you should take 15-20 minutes to rest so your body climates to changes in temperature and do not make any greater effort immediately after a bath
- After the procedure you need to add fluid. The best are fruit juices, tea and mineral water. In one sauna cycle you can lose up to 0.5 litres of water with which you lose not just toxins, but also salt, vitamin C and other minerals.
- End the sauna process with a favourite massage or enjoy beauty and wellness services
- Private Jacuzzi pool or whirlpool hot tub (or other common areas) can be entered in a swimsuit
- Bring big towel Into the sauna
- Always leave the sauna in the condition in which you would like to find it when you enter
- Sauna provides protection for the body for seven days in order to maintain resistance to diseases, it is recommended to repeat the sauna at least 1 time per week